Pawsitively Seniors Program is a Joint Partnership between PALnv and its approved partners.
Pawsitively Seniors is designed for low-income seniors whose quality of life would be enhanced as a result of the many positive effects of pet ownership. By matching senior or special needs cats with senior people this program is a mutual benefit for all.
Low-income seniors are defined as 60 and over with an income of $1,800 per month or less.
Senior cats are defined as 8 years and older, who have been spayed/neutered and are current on vaccinations with general good health. Special needs cats are those who have manageable behavioral or medical issues.
The Pawsitively Seniors program includes:
· Free food and litter delivered on a regular schedule, if needed
· Free medical care from a program approved veterinarian, including prescribed medication
· Free transportation to and from a participating Vet
· Monthly visits from PALnv to check on the cat and senior
Responsibilities of PALnv:
1. Provide food and litter for program participants, if needed
2. Solicit donations of food and litter for the program
3. Qualify seniors for the program and complete adoption paperwork
4. Provide monthly report tracking to donors (with input from HCWS)
5. Provide volunteers to deliver food and litter, check on senior, and cat’s needs
6. Provide cats for adoption
7. Cover veterinary care costs at program approved verterinary hospitals
Goals of Pawsitively Seniors:
· Place 24 senior or special needs cats in appropriate seniors’ homes in first year of the program
· Sign up committed volunteers to service cat deliveries and check ins
· Delivery of food and litter to each home, every four weeks, as needed
· Transportation to participating Vet – as needed and if resources are available
· Create protocol for the safe rehoming of cats in case of senior owners’ death or hospitalization
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions for both seniors and our cats. Please consider a monthly donation. Your generous donation will save lives.